Grande Finale

 Grande Finale 

- design guest spot layout


For September 2023, I was asked to be a design team guest for the Facebook White with 1 group.
Each month they have a challenge to create a layout using white with the colour of the month. It was an honour to have been given the chance to create a layout for this fabulous group.

You are encouraged to use the mood board for your stimulus and this is the board for September.

Immediately I fell in love with the concept of pencil for black and white.  I chose my photos and changed them to a pencil sketch to suit this inspiration from the board.

The Aztec feel of the patterns on the bed linen and the perceived textures next grabbed my eye so that is how I decided to hand sew and weave the black and white thread grid behind the photos. 

From there I added the strips of paper and washi to follow the lines and stripes of the linen. I incorporated the clocks from the mood board through the washi stripes.

Then I chose a thin font for the title letters to capture and reflect the thin letters on the board. My final element that reflected the board was the splash of colour from the lamp which I made use of in the bottom photo with a tiny splash of colour.

I hope something in this layout grabs your attention so much so that you are inspired to have a go. Thanks for looking and don’t forget to leave a comment if you like anything.
Happy crafting
💛Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books and Cleverness A layout using Magical Memories designed by Alicia Redshaw. Hi there it is Kathy from Kathyloves2scrap with a layout ...