Rustic Beauty

 Hello everyone. It has been a while since my last blog but all that is about to change. For August, I am guest designer for the Lasting Memories blog team found here

Each week I will be adding a new post based upon the challenge set in their blog. Please play along.

So for every week in August, I have been set the task of completing a layout based on a sketch. This has been a huge learning curve for me as I have had to learn to interpret and adjust accordingly and be okay that it might not be exactly the same just different.

First week’s layout challenge is this sketch.


There should have been a video but unfortunately it has disappeared from all my devices without a trace, so I will just talk you through.
My first challenge- the photos.
I always get mine printed externally so having the correct sizes can be a challenge in itself.
Next the papers - I must admit I rarely use one line of papers only but tend to focus on colour.
Next I pre prepared all the die cuts I thought I would need. I used my Cricut Joy to cut the title and my Kaisercraft DIY Cuts machine for the metal dies.
Following the sketch I cut the papers and distressed the edges. 

After securing the papers in place, I mounted the photos and placed them like the sketch. 
I then added the dies, building the page until I was happy with the overall impression.

Finally the title and some nuvo drops to finish it.
I was pretty happy with the outcome 
so I repeated for another.


Hope you found something to inspire you. Check out the challenge at Lasting Memories and don’t forget to like this post if you found it inspiring in some way.

Happy crafting
💛Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books and Cleverness A layout using Magical Memories designed by Alicia Redshaw. Hi there it is Kathy from Kathyloves2scrap with a layout ...