Everyday Moments August Design Team Layout

 Everyday Moments

Hi there, Kathy here with my August layout from @Scrapasketch.com.

Using Sketch Sketch # 86, I had fun creating a layout of my daughter and husband tasting honey from honeycomb for the very first time.

I stuck pretty close to the layout structure but added a few of my own touches to create dimension and individuality.

First of course - the papers. Now these change a bit throughout the process as I realise I need something different.


Next I cut the fish tails so that I can place out the journal line which I hand sewed to add dimension and trace the track of the bee. The fishtails I used a printable from Scrap a Sketch from the Summer collection. Perfect for this project.


Then I mounted my photos and started to layer up the elements of the layout. It really was quite an easy layout to work with.


I used Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs to distress the edges and this added depth.



And finally I hand journaled along the sewn bee line.

Thanks for taking the time to look. If you purchase anything from www.scrapasketch.com - printables or stencils - add my code KATHYLOVES2SCRAP10 - to receive a 10% discount.

If anything appeals to you leave a comment below and I’ll get back to you.
Happy crafting
💛Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Books and Cleverness A layout using Magical Memories designed by Alicia Redshaw. Hi there it is Kathy from Kathyloves2scrap with a layout ...